This might be my only post this week. We have so much to do before we move to the farm on Friday. We are very lucky, though, because Rob’s dad flew in tonight to help us out! He and Shannon, Rob’s sister, are both going to road trip with us down to the farm. We are so grateful for their help.
I made this yummy dinner last week. I’ve been trying to use up all the food in the house, and last week we happened to have a bunch of spinach, ricotta cheese, and pasta. Ta-dah! A yummy, creamy pasta dish.
First I assembled my ingredients: a box of rotini
(I used Ronzoni, a gluten-free pasta), olive oil, 3 cloves of garlic, red pepper flakes, a few handfuls of fresh, organic spinach, a handful of grape tomatoes, 15 oz of ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup of milk (we had almond milk, and it worked fine), nutmeg, and salt & pepper.
First I cooked the pasta according to the directions on the box. While it was cooking, I minced the garlic and chopped the spinach.
Then I heated 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan. When it was heated, I added the red pepper flakes and garlic.
I heated the garlic until my kitchen smelled really yummy, and then added the spinach and cooked it until it was wilted.
I removed the spinach from heat and mixed in the cooked pasta and halved grape tomatoes.
Then in a small saucepan over medium heat, I combined the ricotta cheese, milk, salt & pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg. I whisked it until it was creamy and heated through.
Then I poured the sauce over the pasta and mixed it all together.
Delicious! And a hit with the baby and the hubby!
Here’s the recipe:
Creamy, Gluten-Free Spinach Rotini
- 1 box gluten-free rotini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 15 oz of ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Cook pasta as directed on box.
- Mince garlic and chop spinach.
- Heat olive oil in large pot and add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add chopped spinach and cook until wilted, then remove from heat.
- Add pasta and tomatoes into pot with spinach and mix together.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine ricotta, milk, nutmeg, and salt & pepper. Whisk until heated through.
- When the sauce is creamy, pour it over the pasta and stir until evenly covered.
- Serve immediately.